Monday, January 3, 2011

The Moose Flu strikes again


Moose paper punch by Punch Bunch, available at The Moose Store.

Weeks ago, in the middle of the night, my husband began making the most disturbing sounds - horrible racking coughs that led me to begin calling him by the endearing nickname of "Moose" (a nickname he himself has adopted and used to identify himself by... I love it). This cough has persisted and is only now beginning to go away.

After hearing this story and witnessing for herself just how uncannily like a moose my dear husband sounded, our friend and Heinous Hats writer/creator, Caela, fell victim to an illness she has deemed "Moose Flu". And now, after weeks of evading the beast, I, too, have been felled by the mighty beast.

The Moose Flu shows no mercy - no matter how careful you are, it will strike you down when you least suspect it. And so, dear Internets, off to bed I go, where my body shall attempt to overcome the formidable moose and his baby moose calf underlings.

Here's hoping my bout of Moose Flu is brief and that Card Tricks will return to its regularly scheduled program on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better! That Moose Flu is stealthy it seems.

    I just hope it doesn't follow me back to Newfoundland... although my through is getting increasingly scratchy and I seem to have a bit of a cough...

    ReplyDelete